I am a poet, novelist and Professor in the Department of English and Creative Writing at Aberystwyth University. I am the author of
collections, Blizzard, Dragons, Whereabouts, Mandeville and Muscovy , two novels, WHOM and The Book of the Needle, and a collection of short stories,
Singing a Man to Death. I am also the editor of W.S. Graham's
New Collected Poems, and author of a study of
Graham, Where the People Are. I live in west Wales with my wife, Creina.
This site was last updated on 27 December, 2015 to include the lates version of my newsletter.
I also run a blog for Aberystwyth Chess Club.
On this site
- About my poetry and fiction
- My yearly newsletters, for anyone interested in my personal life (updated)
- Including some pop-up poems
- An opera writing course at the famous Festival centre (yellow pages)
- Travels in the Baltic republic (green pages)
- Twentieth-century Scottish poet whose work I have edited (blue pages)